Status
Not open for further replies.

sandytf

Feb 16, 2009
Minocqua
www.trigsfloral.com
State / Prov
WI
Our new Strider website is up and running....check it out. I would appreciate any comments you may have. It's a work in progress...still need to add more photos to some categories.

www.trigsfloral.com

Our new Strider website is up and running....check it out. I would appreciate any comments you may have. It's a work in progress...still need to add more photos to some categories.

www.trigsfloral.com
Looks good, only, Wow, the links to Facebook and Twitter are HUGE!

Reactions: sandytf
yeah, that's the way Jim put them up there.....maybe I can have him shrink them down a bit!

I like it Sandy.

The Wedding page is at the bottom, not sure if this is intentional but if you want to attract brides i would have that page so that you can see the word wedding when you hit the home page and not have to scroll down. I would put the things that dont sell such as about us at the bottom and have the sellers at the top.

Also when you do click on the weddings link, the brochure takes a while to come up.

Also the white writing on the product descriptions in the gallery is a little difficult to read.

Hope i dont sound picky, i spend hours looking at mine (i know i need to get a life) to see how customers look at it so if i am being critical i only mean well.

Really lovely site though and some lovely designs. It has a nice feel there like i would want to shop with you.

You shop name banner is one of the best I've seen. Very nice. :)

I don't mind the size of the Twitter and FB links since they match the width of the right side banner, but you could probably have them reduced 50% and placed side-by-side. We just use the icon graphics for the links (instead of the full names) on our home page and it takes up way less space.

Looks nice Sandy!

looking good! I do love your banner ditto, CHR

now start learning how to input your own content. and that is work indeed. I am still learining how.

but I too love my strider site

I like the banner too, congrats on the new website Sandy!

I really like that you have some shop pictures included. It just seems more authentic than pictures of just arrangements. Color choices are very happy.

Looks good Sandy!

Question... in pixels, what size are these images? http://www.trigsfloral.com/flower_gallery/55

Obviously, too big! With the pics that I added to the customer content categories, it automatically popped up with a place to reduce the size, but not with the gallery. I'll have to go back and shrink them down before hand and then add them back in.

thanks!

I like it Sandy.

The Wedding page is at the bottom, not sure if this is intentional but if you want to attract brides i would have that page so that you can see the word wedding when you hit the home page and not have to scroll down. I would put the things that dont sell such as about us at the bottom and have the sellers at the top.

Also when you do click on the weddings link, the brochure takes a while to come up.

Also the white writing on the product descriptions in the gallery is a little difficult to read.

Hope i dont sound picky, i spend hours looking at mine (i know i need to get a life) to see how customers look at it so if i am being critical i only mean well.

Really lovely site though and some lovely designs. It has a nice feel there like i would want to shop with you.

I'm not sure how to get the wedding site on top. When I add a category or an information page, it asks for a display number, but it doesn't seem to matter what number I put in, they just seem to show up will nilly. I know the pdf is a large file and takes awhile. Maybe I can add some other content that doesn't take so much time to load. Jim had to add the pdf for me and now it seems like if I can't do anthing else to the category.

The difficulty in seeing the white type is my fault. I asked Jim if he could change the color bordering the pics to a more natural color instead of the gray so it more reflected our brand and logo. Unfortunately, it seems like they only partially changed and now they look all piecey.

You don't sound picky at all! That's why I wanted all of my fellow flowerchatters to look at it and give me some good feedback. I really appreciate it!

Thank you everyone for your comments! Kristine, I have been putting in all my own content. I, too, have lots to learn about it.

None of the pictures are stock photos (and some of them need to be retaken to look better!) My intention has been to have all our own work and photos on the site-no stock photos! It's making it a little harder to get the content, but I think it's worth it. If anyone has any feedback on the different backgrounds for the photos, I would like to hear what you think. I thought I was going to want to shoot everything in a light cube, but I don't think that's what I like anymore. I like having a reference to the size of the arrangement instead of having it float in the middle of nothing. Also, I have taken photos at 4 different locations for the site which makes it hard to be consistent with the background. oh, well-a work in progress! Thanks again!

Not sure if it was intentional or not but I scoured the site looking for a delivery charge. I see where you have funeral and hospitals free, but not what the charge is if not.

We don't list individual delivery charges on the delivery page, the customer picks the location (and corresponding delivery charge) from a list when placing their order. Because we're delivering from all 5 of our locations, it's impossible to have a flat delivery fee. Most of our locations are in small towns that delivery up to 40 miles away so there is a large variance in delivery charges. $8-$20.

Maybe I should add a line on the delivery page stating that delivery fees vary by location?

thanks for the feedback!

Status
Not open for further replies.