Mikey the Flower Guy

It's a GREAT DAY to live, and love!
Nov 10, 2002
Dundas, Ontario, Canada
www.hamiltonflorists.com
State / Prov
Ontario
Industry Announcement

On behalf of everyone in the FTD family, we are sad to inform you of the passing of Jo Butler, wife of Teleflora Chairman Tom Butler. Our hearts go out to the entire Butler family and everyone affected by this tragic loss.

A memorial service will be held Thursday, 10/9 at 3 pm at St. Monica’s Catholic Church, 2001 N.
Western Ave., Edmond, OK 73003. Visitation service is from 6 to 7:30pm on Wednesday, 10/8 at Smith and Kernke Funeral Home, 14624 N. May Ave, Oklahoma City, OK 73134.

Please keep this family in your thoughts and prayers.

Mike

Mikey, Why doesnt BOB LOG ON HERE HIMSELF and do this anouncement than you doing it?????
AND I really think the PEOPLE IN TELEFLORA that are members of this board should have made the announcement.
Luc

Well said, Luc.

Of course, we all offer our sympathy to the Butler family.

In Mikey's defense, if they read here, they had a chance to post and didn't - probably because they're otherwise occupied. It lacked tack on Norton's part but that's no big surprise there.

That being said, we would offer our sympathies to the Butler family and to the Teleflora team.

Audra

Upon further thought, and (I think) echoing Audra, Mark and probably other team members have been with the Butler's during Jo's illness. Posting online is probably furthest thing from their minds right now.

Would be my thought...

I agree to somewhat everyone is posting, but I am sure if someone is calling people to let them know what is happening they can take a few minutes to post here, unless they have a gag order in effect, which I think FTD and teleflora has on their staff. Just read , don't post anything. THat is my opinion... My sympathies goes to the all family involved.
Luc

Geez you guys are weird....

Bob posted this to the FTD Only site, and he DID take the time to let the members know, and I re-posted it here for YOU to know.
Mike

This sure seems like some horsesh*t criticizing the WAY people express their condolences...

or is it just me?

It's good to have it posted here no matter where it came from.

I've personally have sent Tom a card and note with my condolences.

Sad thing is Teleflora's site says nothing about it, tells you something doesn't it? Unless Tom didn't want it placed there.

Many Florist Familys are passing away with no public announcments.

Just because Tom's wife had passed this week does mean that we Florists don't care in my opinion. It's alway's a sad affair when ones spouse passes away.

I have never met them nor has he ever met us but we still say a prayer..ok?

Bloomz...I agree totally.

Status
Not open for further replies.